Charles Fox & Family
There is no record of Charles Fox apprenticeship or documents stating if and when he became freeman of the Goldsmiths Company.
His first mark was registered in partnership with James Turner in 1801 and three years later he registered a second mark on his own. He moved the firm to 139 Old Street and in 1822 his son Charles Fox II joined him and registered his own mark. Even for Charles Fox II records of his apprenticeship are missing. He run his father business autonomously from 1827, when his father retired, until around 1841, when his sons Charles Thomas and George took over. The company moved to Berwick Street in 1891 and stayed in the family until 1921 when it definitely closed.
The firm produced finely chased and engraved tableware in Neoclassical and Victorian style and also received commissions for some notable retailers in London (e.g. Lambert, Asprey).